Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
As a responsible Indian company, HBL has - since our inception - tried to be a supportive corporate citizen in the society in which we live. HBL has initiated and grown several socially responsible programs within our community. We have put in place a dedicated team of employees to document and manage our annual CSR plans. We also partner with external agencies including NGO’s to make every effort to make a difference to our community.
HBL’s initiatives include:
- Green factories - reforestation in and around our manufacturing plants – Almost 70% of our land area (163 acres) has green cover with 51,000+ trees. This makes our facilities a pleasant place to work and a good neighbour to host neighbourhoods.
- An Early Years Child Development Program – HBL Supports 82 Anganwadi Centers – providing teaching and pastoral support for nearly 2000 children in the 3 - 5 years age group. This includes -
- Espousing the cause of economically-disadvantaged children and supporting them
- Scheduling periodic medical camps and counselling for students
- Setting up dedicated centres that provide nutritious food, basic health care, uniforms, learning materials and toys to young children
- A Nutrition Program - Organising mid-day meal programme through Akshaya Patra Foundation
- Supporting Children with Challenges – HBL provides support for Anuraag - a home for differently abled children; NICE – a center for needy illiterate childrens education and Jyothi Ashram - an orphanage .